Thursday, September 11, 2014

Guido Update

It rained all night. Several times I woke up and wondered how Guido was doing. 

When I got up, I collected a couple dry shirts, some Red Bull and bottles of water, and a light rain coat. Not knowing how the night had gone, and having not seen any waterproof apparel the day before, I thought Guido might be able to use some.

It was still raining when I headed out from my office, so I slogged through with my own raincoat on, carrying the bag if items and the extra rain jacket.

I walked my way to where Guido had laid on the ground the day before. And he was gone.

I walked around the entire Belvedere area, looking in areas protected from the rain, with no Guido.

After 10 minutes or so, I gave up. Maybe his friend returned for him. Maybe the police came by and took him somewhere, or called an ambulance to take him back to the hospital. Or maybe after I left, he stood himself up and walked away. No way to know.

But, I hope he stayed dry. And I hope he feels better.  And I hope that someday I'll be able to help him again - even it is just an energy drink.

I'll go back tomorrow and check one more time. But wherever Guido is, I hope he's a little happier and a little better off after our short interaction.

No comments:

Post a Comment