Sunday, November 14, 2010

Christmas Shopping With a Side of Miles

I'm not the only one who thinks the Christmas shopping season starts earlier and earlier each year.  The major retailers are getting into the "spririt" in a big way this year, and they're kicking off their year-end profit season even earlier.  "Black Friday Preview" sales are all over the place - both in-store and online.

I personally don't really enjoy Christmas shopping, though I love getting gifts... :-)  However, online shopping makes it all so much easier and enjoyable.  Add to that the rash of free or reduced shipping this tume of year, and it really doesn't seem worth getting off the couch to go shopping - just boot up your favorite browser (yes, I still use Internet Explorer) and enter that credit card number.

For us, though, we look a little bit closer than just who has the current sale.  It is said it is better to give than to receive.  I can't necessarily argue or validate that, but if you're going to give, you might as well get something too...

Most of my frequent flier miles are with Delta, so before I whip out that credit card, I head to http://www.skymileshopping.com/ (see my previous post about turning food into miles)

By clicking through this site, for many, many shopping sites I can earn anywhere from 1 to more than 10 skymiles for every $1 I spend at participating sites.  With hundreds (if not thousands) of $$ to be spent, it's another great way to maximize my Skymiles account balance.

Will I buy anything outside of the skymiles shopping site - sure.  But not if I can help it.

No comments:

Post a Comment