Sunday, June 17, 2012

Who needs a wake-up call?

When I was 12, I could sleep until noon. Or 1pm for that matter. Seems that has changed.

2 days into vacation - and my body/mind doesn't seem to know it yet. Between 5:30 and 6:00 my mind gets up. Day of the week, status of work/vacation etc. doesn't seem to phase it.

Perhaps it's age. Perhaps between the time I was 12 and now something physiologically changed that no longer allows me to sleep much past 6 (unless I was up until well after midnight the night before). Or, perhaps the realities of life weigh heavier on my mind (conscious and sub-conscious) than I realized.

While traveling cross country with 3 kids in a rig 50ft long doesn't sound relaxing to most, it IS my hope that on this trip I can find some time to relax.

Perhaps that time will be 6am.



No comments:

Post a Comment