Monday, June 25, 2012

Tragedy

A beautiful morning. Coffee. Cereal. One more trip to the beach before packing up and heading to the next stop. A bike ride through carnivorous mosquito-infested wildlife refuge. A kamikaze attack on the mosquito strong-hold (another story for another time). A different beach. Secluded. No vehicle access. Almost deserted. Waves. Bigger waves. Girls riding the waves in their life vests. I'm standing with them in the water. A good time. Go deeper. Marine life at my feet. A rogue wave. (ok, maybe not a rogue wave, but bigger and caught me off guard) I'm under. I'm up. Fun! Sure is bright out though. Shock. Realization. Search in the water. Scrape the bottom. Another wave. Another. They're gone. Search the surf. No use. Gone. Gone forever. .......... Above is a description of how we lost a close family friend - my Maui Jim sunglasses. The victim of a ill-fated beach experience. May they rest in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment