Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Day 5 - Deja Vu & radiology #fail


So, we had hoped Day 5 would bring us a diagnosis, but since none of this has been planned, it is fitting that today would not go as planned either.

Turns out the needle biopsy that was done yesterday got more healthy tissue than tumor tissue. #fail So, we have to do it again. But, this time, instead of a needle biopsy, they are doing an incision and a visual sample (needle was radiology assisted). In addition, they are going to put in a central line.

Harper took the news better that I feared she would. She's obviously upset, but the crying was shorter. Of course, I'm confident when it comes time to head downstairs she will wind herself up again. It's so hard to see her that way. We keep explaining that we have to do these things to get well, but it doesn't seem to help. I think she really truly understands, but she is so overwhelmed with anxiety it clouds her view. I completely understand.

I also worry how she will react when she wakes up and have a semi-permanent set of tubes sticking out of her. We'll just have to take it as it comes and explain it will let them take the ones out of her hand.

More to come after the procedure. Keep praying.

Another cute pic.





3 comments:

  1. It's quarter till 2:00...All our thoughts and prayers are with you! Friends & Family up north

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for keeping us update Brian. Praying figure out something this time. Give missy a hug for me! Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish there was something I could say or do to make everything seem better, but unfortunately I can't... the best I can offer is the fact that my old room-mates daughter (my "not-kid") went thru a rare cancer (angiomatoid fibrous histiocytoma, I believe)... she was 7 at the time. She went thru the biopsies, surgeries to remove the tumor, the compression fitted shirts, recoveries, etc. and is still quite the spitfire she always has been! It's a journey that is nothing short of incredible...
    What will make everything seem less stressful is your family and friends that are all pulling for Harper... I've never met her (or Cadence & Finley for that matter) but she has great parents so I am sure she is quite an amazing child! My thoughts and prayers are with all of you... please... if there is anything I can do from up here, let me know!

    ReplyDelete